Home Forums Café Forum Learning Action 4 Reflection Reply To: Reflection

Tsépo Sekaleli
Participant

How would you go about assessing the cognitive learning objectives?
In order to determine the learner’s understanding of the subject, i’ll set a test or an examination of questions that require the learner to reflect on their understanding of the subject or issue at hand.

What variety of assessment methods could you use for assessing the socio-emotional learning objectives?
For learners to show competency in socio-emotional aspect i’ll give them an assignment to critique a cultural issue in the community within their locality and then assess their human and ecological approach and views regarding the care, if any, of the people and the environment in that community.

What assessment approaches would you use to assess the behavioral learning outcomes, especially those that reflect values?
This requires the learners to carry a task which could be a change project at school that will reflect a change in behavior towards an issue. For example, after learning about water scarcity, one would expect a change in behavior of the learners and this will be assessed through a new technologies to safe water that they will develop, either minimizing tap-water loses or come up with water harvesting technologies.

How would you assess social learning outcomes associated with the SDG, especially the involvement of learners working with communities on sustainable development actions (as emphasised in Learning Action 3)?

I’ll assess the applicability of the issue in relation to the community that the learner was working with. Its possible that the outcome may not be what the community is expecting in relation to their cultural norms.
Integration of knowledge by the students will be assessed, that is, is the learner able to use knowledge from different subjects to address an issue?

How could you include the above in an inclusive end of course examination?
Using questions that will enable student to critique, apply and synthesis knowledge, and evaluate different scenarios.

To what extent does your assessment reflect assessment of significant learning?
Presently, i’d say that my assessment touches on critiquing of issues, application of learnt knowledge and synthesis of knowledge (though to some extend). I have not incorporated ubuntu aspect to evaluate the caring capacity of my students