Home › Forums › Café Forum › Learning Action 1 › Review of your institution’s Vision and Mission statement › Reply To: Review of your institution’s Vision and Mission statement
KITWE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION- ZAMBIA
” A LEADING INSTITUTION IN THE PROVISION OF INNOVATIVE AND CREATIVE LIFE-LONG TEACHER EDUCATION ACCESSIBLE FOR ALL”
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
” TO BUILD CAPACITY FOR THE PROVISION OF EQUITABLE AND QUALITY EDUCATION THROUGH RESEARCH, TRAINING AND PRODUCING TEACHERS WHO ARE CAPABLE OF BRINGING ABOUT SUSTAINABLE LIVELIHOODS AND DEVELOPMENT THROUGH LIFE LONG LEARNING EDUCATION”
1. To what extent does it reflect your understanding of sustainable development?
sustainable development calls for equatable and quality education which i think our mission statement has covered
2. To what extent does it reflect the definition of sustainable development that reads “Sustainable Development is development which meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs”? Do you think this is needed or not?
– our mission statement highlights its goal as “to bring about sustainable livelihoods and development through life long learning” this to some extent shows that there is a reflection in the definition of sustainable development. The terms sustainable livelihood shows that the needs of the present and the future will be met through their continuous lifelong development and learning
3. To what extent does your institution’s Vision and Mission statement reflect the objectives of ESD and the GAP?
– it is reflected on learning objectives 4, ” ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote life long learning opportunities for all”
4. How would you reframe/restate your institution’s Vision and Mission statement to more substantively reflect SD and ESD (based on your understandings of these concepts and your context)? to be looked at later