Home Forums Café Forum Learning Action 1 Reflect on Learning Action 1 Reply To: Reflect on Learning Action 1

Fanny Njaidi
Participant

How this learning action has helped you to re-view your Teacher Education programmes?
Learning Action 1 has helped me understand differences SD and ESD as well as their similarities then relate with what I teach. It has further helped me to relate the my institution’s mission and vision statement with SDGs and ESD.
– How can you work towards a more critical understanding of SD and ESD in your context?
The first thing is to identify the gaps which are there.
– What still needs to be discussed and taken forward?
When teaching students make sure there is integration the content with SD

– Can you prepare some suggestions for colleagues/your department/your TE institution? What would you emphasize?
There must be emphasis on how Teacher Educators integrate or incorporate ESD in their daily planning and teaching against the allocated time in the curriculum.
How this learning action has helped you to re-view your Teacher Education programmes?
Learning Action 1 has helped me understand differences between SD and ESD as well as similarities and relate with my daily teaching/content.
– How can you work towards a more critical understanding of SD and ESD in your context?
There is need to identify the existing gaps in the TE curriculum so that it is in line with the SDG 4, Target 7 and ensure that the ESD is the focus of the learning that goes on everyday.
– What still needs to be discussed and taken forward?
Assessment part has been missing in line with ESD. So, there is need to work more towards assessment of student participation in the projects under ESD so that this can also be part of the final score in all subjects assessed. Furthermore, find out the extent the SDGs and ESD have been implemented in the curriculum at TE level.
– Can you prepare some suggestions for colleagues/your department/your TE institution? What would you emphasize?

It should be a must for every teacher trainer to
incorporate ESD in their daily planning and teaching against the allocated time in the curriculum. Another thing is students should be involved more in all Change Projects hence acquiring sustainable skills